Asp.Net DropDownList inside data table header does not change selected value

Asp.Net DropDownList inside data table header does not change selected value

asoftasoft Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, I have a standard asp.net DropDownList control inside a datatable header. Control works normally when the DataTable header is not fixed but when the user scrolls down and the header gets fixed at the top of the page when the user tries to change the selected value it does not change. On the postback the value remains the same. I know what I am saying it pretty vague but I am not sure where the problem is and what additional info to give. Does anyone ever faced anything similar to this? Thanks in advance.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• asoftasoft Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello Colin and thanks for your answer.

You can find below the page. The problem is with the currency selector, once the page is scrolled to the point that fixed header of datatable is in effect you will notice that the currency selector is no longer functional.

https://www.ancoria.com/cy-en/Invest/Fund-performances

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

It's because the Fixed Header creates a layer over the top of the main table - so it's a second element - your code will need to consider that.

This example here should help. It's slightly different as that is a checkbox, but the principle would be the same.

Hope that helps,

Colin

• asoftasoft Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello Colin, thank you very much your tips helped me solve the problem.

This discussion has been closed.