create, edit and delet problem with release 1.10.22

create, edit and delet problem with release 1.10.22

Anthonia JeromeAnthonia Jerome Posts: 12Questions: 6Answers: 0

Link to test case: https://4173fdd5f002.ngrok.io/banana/public/master then navigate to parties->organization
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net): igizip
Error messages shown:
ancaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'rebuild' of undefined
at D.<anonymous> (datatables.min.js:1099)
at Function.rebuildPane (datatables.min.js:171)
at Editor.commit (datatables.min.js:274)
at Editor.<computed>.<computed> [as _dataSource] (datatables.min.js:274)
at Editor.<computed>.<computed> [as _submitSuccess] (datatables.min.js:274)
at datatables.min.js:274
at Object.opts.complete (datatables.min.js:274)
at u (datatables.min.js:14)
at Object.fireWith (datatables.min.js:14)
at k (datatables.min.js:14)
Description of problem: Am using datatable 1.10.22 with editor 1.9.5, when I create, edit or delete the operation works fine but the modal keeps loading after the operation complete, i can see the new rows cerated or deleted but the modal dos not disappear and keeps loading as if the operation still goes on. when I close it closses fine but the button doesnt work any more when I click them they keep on loading. So I checked the console and get the error above. Also note that I tried version 1.10.21 with the same code but it worked fine. the problem came when I upgrade from 1.10.21 to 1.10.22. and I used download bulder to create my package, what could be the problem plz?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Hi,

Many thanks for the error report and test case! The error is in the SearchPanes library and I've just committed a fix.

The fix will be in the nightly build shortly, and I'll also be issuing a SearchPanes 1.2.1 release to correct this error and another to do with HTML stripping later this week.

Regards,
    Allan

• Anthonia JeromeAnthonia Jerome Posts: 12Questions: 6Answers: 0

I have copied the nightly searchPane js for datatable and bootstrap4 and replaced with the ones I have, but the problem still persist, am I doing it wrong or? what else should I change? am sorry for a late reply

• Anthonia JeromeAnthonia Jerome Posts: 12Questions: 6Answers: 0

I have omitted the searchPane in download builder and it works fine, when the stable version of searchPane is released I will include it again, thank you all for a help

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Yup - that's a good workaround. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it is the right thing to do if you aren't using SearchPanes. No point in including code you aren't using.

If you or anyone else want to make sure you've got the fix, check that the SearchPanes code says SearchPanes 1.2.1-dev in the copyright comment at the top.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.