cascadePanes: true showing stale data

cascadePanes: true showing stale data

ezezezezezez Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

When I set cascadePanes to true, I'm seeing stale data appear in the results.

I have posted a video showing the behavior here:
https://youtu.be/iMzYsh6SwIg

You can access app and see for yourself here:
https://gdanalyst.herokuapp.com/53424/schedule

Quick repro steps:
1. Under "Analyze Box Score" column, select any of the links.
2. You will see a new browser tab with the table and searchpanes. This first tab works correctly and the cascading filters work well.
3. Now go back and select a different link under the "Analyze Box Score" column.
4. This time the searchpanes will intermittently show filter options from the prior visited page. You can intermittently get it into a working and non-working state by selecting and deselecting filters.

If I set cascadePanes to false then I don't see the stale data showing up.

Any ideas?

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @ezezez,

That is really weird, certainly nothing that I have seen before.

Could you please dump your DataTables initialisation here?

One thing I will suggest is pulling in the latest code from the nightly builds. There are a number of fixes in there that will be released relating to other issues that may cross over here.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @ezezez ,

We think we have worked out the issue and it is lying with stateSave. State Saving won't take into account the query parameter in the URL, so it sees it as the same page and table ID before trying to apply the previous selections. We think that if you add the query parameter to the id of your table then you should break the State Saving object and no extra selections will be applied.

You can find the code for identifying previous states here.

Hope this helps,
    Sandy

• ezezezezezez Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Sorry for not replying sooner. I thought I would get a notification of replies. Will check this out.

This discussion has been closed.