when Datatable version compatible to jquery latest version (i.e v3.5.1) will release ?

when Datatable version compatible to jquery latest version (i.e v3.5.1) will release ?

Rahul_PwCRahul_PwC Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

latest datatable (i.e v1.10.22) is compatible with jquery 3.3.1 but it doesn't work with jquery v3.5.1.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

It seems to work ok here. Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you update my example, or link to your page, so that we can see the problem.

Cheers,

Colin

• Rahul_PwCRahul_PwC Posts: 9Questions: 2Answers: 0

we can use jquery v3.5.1 with the latest datatable version. There is no problem in that if we refer files in a correct order. But as the datatable latest version is pointing to the jquery v3.3.1 internally, browser is loading the lower version always. Hence in browser console when we are trying with $.fn.jquery it is showing 3.3.1 not the 3.5.1

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

But as the datatable latest version is pointing to the jquery v3.3.1 internally

DataTables doesn't point to anything - you need to specify the dependencies, so it'll be something on your site. As I said, please update the example to demonstrate the issue, and we'll take a look,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,149Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Sounds like the Download Builder was used which uses jQuery 3.3.1. Open the combined JS file and you will see a link to rebuild the selections. Open the link and you can remove jQuery and then use the version you want.

Kevin

combined JS file in which folder ?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,149Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Look at datatable.js or datatable.min.js to see if its a combined file.

Kevin

Sorry, my mistake. I could remove both jquery 3 and 1. Let me check

This discussion has been closed.