issue: infinitive loop of queries with serverside, searchpanes & statesave

issue: infinitive loop of queries with serverside, searchpanes & statesave

tefdattefdat Posts: 42Questions: 7Answers: 3

Hi,
* running DT with serverside execution
* search panes with several categories/columns

• If I enable **statesave **
  • & if there are at least two categories in search panes an Item is selected
  • & if in of them more than on item selected (please refer attachment for clarity)

-> a refresh leads into a hanging and to infinitive server queries. Please see pictures in the thread attachment.

I can't offer a real test case with a SQL database and where the issue can be shown. I could offer a portable ready-2-go XAMPP package, if desired.

I made a test case with the relevant HTML & JS part:
http://live.datatables.net/hamiluro/1/edit
Every module/extension is the most current one/nightly.

In addition, i reverted all my customisations and made a setup from the scratch - I can reproduce the issue.
So I believe, it might be not only a local issue of mine.

Thanks in advance. Regards...

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @tefdat ,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've managed to replicate it locally. It appears that searchPanes and serverSide processing together really isn't happy. I've raised an issue internally (DD-1701 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update, hopefully towards the end of the week.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• tefdattefdat Posts: 42Questions: 7Answers: 3

Hi @sandy ,
    thank you very much for your quick feedback. Huuh - I am glad, that it was not just my fault and that you were able to reproduce it :smile:

Savestate makes searchpanes pretty ergonomic - especially if you have a lot of columns and if the users are using often the same "setup" - it can even saves time and ressources (less queries, due the initial "right" setting/setup of searchpanes).

Your efforts are been appreciated. Thanks :)

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @tefdat ,

That should be the issue fixed now. If you make sure that you are using the latest nightly build of SearchPanes then it should work nicely.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Hi @sandy ,
    just tried with the nightly - working flawlessly. Thank you very much :)

edited June 2021

@sandy ,
    has this fix been taken into v1.3.0? Just updated and I have the same issue with this release. A infinitve loop of search queries if in two searchpanes columns, at least two items are selected.

Edit: I have no issues with the v1.2.1 NIGHTLY 2020-10-30; but v1.2.2 and v1.3.0 has still this issue.

Unfortunately I cant delete or edit my previous posting anymore. It was my mistake - no Issue, just ignore this two messages. I should go sleep.. :)