searchBuilder value input is not compatible with Chinese IME

searchBuilder value input is not compatible with Chinese IME

MikeaMikea Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case:
https://datatables.net/extensions/searchbuilder/examples/initialisation/simple.html
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:
1. Open this page Basic SearchBuilder Example
2. Add condition 'Name Contains', focus the condition value input, use An Chinese IME to type '中'.
3. There are unexcepted space characteres before '中'. When I switched to another Chinese IME, there are other unexcepted characteres.

4. The global search is compatible with Chinese IME.

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    edited October 2020

Hi @Mikea ,

I'm afraid that I amn't seeing this using the chrome input tools extension. What IME are you using to input into the text box? Hopefully then I can try to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• MikeaMikea Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited October 2020

Hi @sandy:

The IME I used is QQ Wubi IME. You can use Microsoft Pinyin IME for testing, there is same bug. The OS I used is Windows 10 1909, the browser is Chrome 80.0.3987.163.

Hi @Mikea ,

I've tried to replicate using the Microsoft Pinyin IME on Windows 10, Chrome etc but I still am not seeing the space.

The input boxes are almost identical as well, the only difference being some extra padding, margin and colouring to the SearchBuilder one. But, this is not likely to affect your input in anyway.

I've added a picture below to show what I am seeing.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Hi @sandy,
    I got this using the Microsoft Pinyin IME

Hi @Mikea ,

What are you typing to get these outputs? I've been typing "zhong" and then converting to the character. Are you working the other way around?

Thanks,
    Sandy

edited October 2020

Hi @sandy,
    I've been typing "zhong" too.
    I've tried other popular Chinese IMEs in the same PC, they are all abnormal in the SearchBuilder input, they are all normal in the global search input.
    If you can't replicate, you can wait to see if anyone reports the same problem.

Hi @Mikea ,

Thanks for trying. It is a really weird error and I can't think why it would be occuring.

I think that waiting to see if others report the same issue is probably the best path here. If they do then maybe we can start to try to build a better picture of what is happening.

Thanks,
    Sandy

This discussion has been closed.