How to order multiple columns not alphabetical way

How to order multiple columns not alphabetical way

cheynerpbcheynerpb Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hi, I'm trying to accomplish a requirement but I don't know how to do it.
This is my test case http://live.datatables.net/hobanadu/4/edit

Now I'm going to explain what I want to do.
First and second column must be under rowsgroup plugins, like in the test case.
The order in first column must be Student first but the order of the rest doesn't matter.
About the second column, there are two values Valid and Archived and Valid must be first inside a rowgroup.
By last, the column Date must be order showing the newest one first inside a second column rowgroup.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks and great work with Datatables.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Unfortunately colspan isn't supported in the table - see here:

Please also note that while DataTables supports colspan and rowspan in the table's header and footer, they are not supported in the table's tbody and must not be present.

I suspect that'll affect how you'll want to implement this, so it would be worth rethinking the design with that in mind,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,173Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

You are using a third party plugin called rowsgroup. Its probably this plugin on githib. You will need to get support from the developer. Looks like the plugin hasn't been maintain in 5 years. Maybe a better option is to use the Datatables RowGroup extension.

Kevin

• cheynerpbcheynerpb Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 0

Yes, you're right, I'm going to try it with RowGroup extension, but, is there a way to get the same behavior with RowGroup extension about colspan?

• cheynerpbcheynerpb Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 0

I realized another problem, RowGroup is not compatible with FixedColumn. So, I have to rethink the whole thing.

This discussion has been closed.