details.drop is true even when table.colReorder.reset() is called, is this correct?

details.drop is true even when table.colReorder.reset() is called, is this correct?

RaymondBRaymondB Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am using DataTables column-reorder 1.5.2 with colReorder.realtime set to false and when I drag and drop a column everything looks good and I am able to eval details.drop as a mouse drop because details.drop is true. The problem I see is that when I call colReorder.reset() to reset the columns to the original initialized state, column-reorder is called and details.drop is true again. this makes it difficult to handle things like highlighting a button or something indicating that columns have been reordered or reset.

Is details.drop supposed to be truefor a colReorder.reset() event? I wouldn't think so as the documentation states:

boolean drop - Indicate if this event is the result of a mouse drop (i.e. the user has finished moving the columns). This is useful to distinguish between a live reorder and the final state. Requires ColReorder 1.2.1 or newer.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Right - there is some ambiguity there! The idea of the drop parameter was to allow better performance - it will be true for the final action and recalculations need to be performed. So yes, I would expect it to be true in this case since you need to perform the calculations once the columns have been reordered. I need to update the docs to reflect that better.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.