searchdelay not working on firefox

searchdelay not working on firefox

ronedogronedog Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I've downloaded verion 1.10.22 of datatables...I'm having an issue with firefox and the searchDelay functionality.

I'm using server-side processing of large tables.

I've set "searchDelay": "500"

All works fine in chrome, but in firefox 83.0 (64-bit) the search fires immediately when the user presses any key.

If I want to search the phrase "hello", the filter box lets me type "h", then it begins to search immediately and doesn't let me finish typing the phrase...then I type "e" and now the phrase is "he" and it then searches again...and then I wait and type "l", so the phrase is now "hel" and it searches again...and so forth.

Perhaps I'm not understanding the searchDelay function correctly. I was under the impression that if I set the value at 500ms, then it would start searching "AFTER" 500ms had expired, which would give me a chance to finish typing the phrase, then it would search.

Thoughts?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,173Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

The searchDelay seems to work here with Firefox 84.0 (64 bit). The first key is searched immediately then the delay is started. The behavior seems to be the same in Chrome.

If this doesn't work for you maybe the debounce solution in this thread will work better.

Kevin

• ronedogronedog Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

hmm...ok, I'm upgrading from an earlier datatables version .... maybe I've got something else causing an issue. thx

This discussion has been closed.