Issue with SearchPanes and Button Groups

Issue with SearchPanes and Button Groups

Larry27Larry27 Posts: 35Questions: 10Answers: 0

Problem Page;
http://www.baldwinproject.ca/app/on/function/Police-ON.php?yr=2017

Properly Functioning Page;

http://www.baldwinproject.ca/app/on/function/Police-ON-SearchPaneTest.php?yr=2017

The uploading of debugger failed, not sure why..

I'm not getting any errors

It seems my problem is with my style.css file, but given the volume of entries, I am having some difficulty in isolating the specific lines that are problematic.

The export and print buttons all work fine, but the Columns Visible and Search Panes buttons do not. When you click on either of those buttons on the above pages you will see what I mean. Any suggestions you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,365Questions: 39Answers: 395

The debugger's "Check for common issues" on your Problem Page shows eleven problems. That would be a good place to start.

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

I think you've got a bit of a mix between the Bootstrap and DataTables styling going on there which is most likely causing the issue.

Try using the download builder to get just the files you need for the styling you need. For example, you have loaded dataTables.bootstrap4.min.js, but loaded the DataTables base CSS (rather than the Bootstrap integration CSS). Likewise, the SearchPanes Bootstrap JS hasn't been loaded.

The download builder will sort all of that out for you.

Regards,
    Allan

• Larry27Larry27 Posts: 35Questions: 10Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Thank you, that got me back on track. I was worried I might have to tinker with the specific files, and as you've pointed out, I just have to make sure I load the correct .js and .css files.

Much appreciated

Larry

p.s. I love DataTables.... excellent tool to present large amounts of data.

• Larry27Larry27 Posts: 35Questions: 10Answers: 0

Thanks Tangerine....

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Thank you :)

This discussion has been closed.