Select options problem when using Server-Side

Select options problem when using Server-Side

kevromkevrom Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

The mysql table has a large amount of data (> 300). As ridiculous as it may seem, this is a large volume for standard DataTables processing. The table takes 5 seconds or longer to load, this is no good. I decided to use Server-side processing, but there was a problem: when I added the generation of selects to my datatable, <option></option> are shown only from the first 10 results, not the entire table. I understand that there may be a problem in ssp.class.php, namely the $limit variable, but no idea how to solve this problem ...

The same problem with export! (button bar) Not the whole table is exported, but the first 10 results (first page)

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,214Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin
    edited January 2021

Nah - 300 isn't large. 20 million is large :). You shouldn't need to use server-side processing for less than 10 thousand rows.

If 500 rows is taking too long to render, can you link to the page showing that so I can take a look, as something is going wrong.

The same problem with export! (button bar) Not the whole table is exported, but the first 10 results (first page)

This is fully expected when using server-side processing. It only renders the data for the current page. And since the export is client-side... See also this FAQ.

Thanks,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.