Custom Filtering with Vertical Scrolling And TableTools

Custom Filtering with Vertical Scrolling And TableTools

jcrawfordjcrawford Posts: 172Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2011 in General
I have a table which is using server side processing to get the data required. Everything is working fine until I try to implement some custom filtering and vertical scrolling. I have a date range picker on my page and when that closes it forces datatables to redraw with a new ajax source. This new source includes start/end date for the server side filtering.

Everything seems to work fine until you scroll down, then more requests are made to the server that are missing my start/end date requirements so your results are no longer filtered by date.

To get around this I have disabled the vertical scrolling and pagination comes back and works properly.

Is there a way to make the scrolling pass through the data I require so that non-relevant results are not shown?

I wanted to have the vertical scrolling so that the end-user could scroll to the end to load up all results and use TableTools to save that data. Without vertical scrolling Table Tools does not save ALL RESULTS rather just those shown on the current page. It would be nice if I could tell Table Tools to output all data that will show on all pages for the filtered request rather than a single page from the result set. I looked but could not find a way to tell Table Tools this. The print feature in table tools seems to ouput all data rather than the currently shown page, wish I could say the same for print to pdf.

Replies

• jcrawfordjcrawford Posts: 172Questions: 0Answers: 0
    bump, any ideas how to make these all work together?

Currently I have disabled infinite scrolling and it seems to work but TableTools only saves the current page you are looking at.
This discussion has been closed.