How do I manually edit the theming/formatting of a table?

How do I manually edit the theming/formatting of a table?

totallyplandomtotallyplandom Posts: 27Questions: 1Answers: 1
edited September 2011 in DataTables 1.8
Hi All,

I've seen the numerous threads on "theme rolling". However, I'm always tweaking things and I'm much more of a hands-on type person. I'd much prefer to edit my layout manually. That said, what files/images are used by default when using datatables? For instance when bJQueryUI is set to "true", I fail to see where the "header" image comes from.

Best

Replies

• GregPGregP Posts: 487Questions: 8Answers: 0
    If you want to manually control your theme, you probably shouldn't have bJQueryUI set to true. When it is true, DataTables simply inserts jQuery UI-specific classes. The expectation is that you'll have your own jQuery UI theme (either from ThemeRoller which is by far the most common way to go) or carefully developed using jQuery UI class framework.

So, the first thing I would do unless you really are using jQuery UI, is to disable that.

The next thing will be to either use one of the demonstration CSS files (found in the DataTables zip) as a starting point and modify it, or just exclude all DT CSS and build it slowly from the ground up.
  • totallyplandomtotallyplandom Posts: 27Questions: 1Answers: 1
    Do I simply download the JQUI theme I created and import the file like any other JS? Does it automatically override defaults? Are there any specific settings I need?
  • totallyplandomtotallyplandom Posts: 27Questions: 1Answers: 1
    Nevermind, I got it. Apparently another developer was including some other stuff in a different file. I tracked it down and removed it.

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.