SearchBuilder not working on float numbers with comma decimal separator

SearchBuilder not working on float numbers with comma decimal separator

ben_tuxben_tux Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Filtering numbers is not working when language.decimal is set to "," (language.thousands: ".") as needed for numbers in German style. Instead the search result is always empty as soon as I enter a value.

When will this be fixed?

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @ben_tux ,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've raised an issue internally (DD-1882 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update, probably on Friday.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• ben_tuxben_tux Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi @sandy ,

thanks for the quick reply!

As a workaround we set the "data-filter" value of cells containing a floating point number with English dot notation. This seems to work!

Another strange behaviour:
    Even in columns detected as "string" type the "equals" comparison seems to be buggy. If I choose a floating point value (with comma instead dot) from the values list the results are empty.
    The workaround helps even in this case. But like I said it affects also string columns, so I have to check if the value even is a float before setting the "data-filter" value.

Hope I could help improving the searchBuilder. It's a great tool for advanced filtering and besides the little bugs our custumers are very happy with it.

Cheers,
    Ben

Hi @ben_tux ,

Thanks for pointing this out. I've added to the bug and will take a closer look on Friday.

Thanks,
    Sandy

edited February 2021

Hi @ben_tux ,

That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next SearchBuilder release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

This discussion has been closed.