Possible bug in 1.10.22/css/jquery.dataTables.css regarding .dataTables_length

Possible bug in 1.10.22/css/jquery.dataTables.css regarding .dataTables_length

RavynneRavynne Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I recently upgraded from 1.10.20 (I think it was .20) to 1.10.22 and noticed something was off in the length select box in the table display.

I believe I tracked it down to this definition in css/jquery.dataTables.css

.dataTables_wrapper .dataTables_length select {
    border: 1px solid #aaa;
    border-radius: 3px;
    padding: 5px;
    background-color: transparent;
    padding: 4px
}

The 2 lines of "padding: 5px; and "padding: 4px" cause the select input to be too small. The default value of 10 is displayed wrong. See here:

Removing both of the paddings in the .css made default size of the select box work for me. See here:

I recommend someone look into this, as at a minimum, the double definition of padding is redundant.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,174Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

Looks like you are using Bootstrap. This example looks correct. Likely you have not included the proper Bootstrap integration files. Use the Download Builder to get the proper files. Then if you still have issues please post the test case Colin asked for.

Kevin

• RavynneRavynne Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Combining the 2 previous replies, thank you. While trying to make a test case I learned that whatever procedure I was following to apply Datatables updates to my project were in error. The instructions weren't using the Download Builder results properly. They were ignoring the built file and including select files from the subfolder (DataTables-1.10.23) directly. Using the proper combined file made my problem go away.

However, note that jquery.dataTables.css still looks off for me, with the double definition of padding in the spot I identified. But as it no longer applies to me and as I don't know how to test if it's working correctly or not, I'm all good now.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.