How to show server side errors on an in-line edit row?

How to show server side errors on an in-line edit row?

rprahaladrprahalad Posts: 20Questions: 5Answers: 0
edited February 2021 in Free community support

I have a Datatable (not Editor) where I have successfully implemented an in-line edit/update. All the client side validations like "Required field" and "cannot exceed x characters" and all that, I have handled it on the client side of that row.

But there are some errors that occurs at the DAL layer during the Save() that I need to show on the page. How can I show the error underneath that row being edited? The problem I have is, Paging is disabled on the table and hence it's a long table. I cannot display this server side error on say, a

<

div> on top of the page. Also, all these calls to Save are all AJAX calls.

Please let me know how I can add a <div class='error'> below each row of the Data Table and if I can, than how can I generate unique IDs for these divs per row? That way I can grab that unique div and display the error message below the row being edited.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

That's going to be entirely specific to your implementation. With Editor, you can have field errors (see here - the location must be Bristol or an error is given). Without Editor, you need to implement the functionality to do that.

Colin

• rprahaladrprahalad Posts: 20Questions: 5Answers: 0

Thanks Colin.

This discussion has been closed.