How to make Searchpanes Serverside with Editor libraries display only choises from where clause?

How to make Searchpanes Serverside with Editor libraries display only choises from where clause?

DreakerDreaker Posts: 13Questions: 6Answers: 0

I was trying Searchpanes using Editor libraries as shown in this blog post:
https://datatables.net/blog/2020-05-12#Client-side
And added a where clause like this:
->where( 'field_value', 12 ),
And the table displays only the values inside the where scope but the searchpanes are showing all options from the database table not minding the where clause
Also, I tested some stuff and noticed that null values are displayed as null in the pane options

Answers

• DreakerDreaker Posts: 13Questions: 6Answers: 0
    edited February 2021

I've manage to fix the options displayed and the total count by making some changes to the SearchPaneOptions.php in editor libraries, I'm going to see if I can do something about the null values

• maraboumarabou Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

Can you provide some insight on how you achieved this please? My datatable gets its data from a huge master table, joined to many others and without a 'where' constraints my searchpane options are just too many.

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

The next release of SearchPanes will support this, and there will also be a blog post discussing what you need to do. This should be available early next week, so please look out for that release.

Colin

• stevebentzstevebentz Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Colin do you have more info on whether SearchPanes now supports this, or when it will? I have not been able to find the blog post you mention yet, but would love more info on this! Dealing with this exact problem right now.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

@stevebentz Here is a searchPanes with SSP blog and here is the doc page. Do these links answer your questions?

Kevin