Does Preselect work with 'No Data'?

Does Preselect work with 'No Data'?

HansWorthHansWorth Posts: 5Questions: 3Answers: 0

Link

Utilizing Search Panes' Preselect and Buttons, I'm trying to preselect 'No Data' which appears in the filters whenever a blank or null value is passed to data tables. I've tried using '', 'null', null, 'No Data', undefined. None of them work.

Am I missing something?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @HansWorth ,

Yes it is possible take a look at this example. Because the No Data is in italics you have to include the html tags for these.

This isn't intuitive though so I've raised an issue internally (DD-1899 for my reference) and will make a change to improve this. I'll report back here when there is an update. This will probably be at the end of next week.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• HansWorthHansWorth Posts: 5Questions: 3Answers: 0

Thank you @sandy, I appreciate the help with this. I'll look forward to that update.

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @HansWorth ,

We've been talking about this internally and have decided that we aren't going to make a change for this. The reason is that the text that is displayed forNo Data is configurable using SearchPanes i18n object. This means that the text can be changed to whatever you want, and therefore any text needs to be preselectable - including html tags.

I've updated the example I linked above to show how to change the text that is displayed for empty strings. You can access the i18n options throught SearchPanes settings object using the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

This discussion has been closed.