Datatable display questions

Datatable display questions

KamoAKamoA Posts: 19Questions: 6Answers: 0

Hello all,
I have a number of questions. May be they related, so I decided to ask them in one place.
This is my test case

http://live.datatables.net/keritubu/1/

1. I can not make margin 0 in the header.
  2. Looks like the column has minimum width. For example column 'T' I'd like to make half of size. May be it is because of padding and margin?
  3. I can not resize columns if 'paging: false,'. Is it possible to do it somehow?
  4. If resize page, I'd like to see proportionally resizing of columns. Not after horizontal scroll bar disappeared.
  5. If numbers have minus sign on the right side and column right aligned, they are not lined up. Space is not showing,   is big...

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Kamo

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599
    1. I'm not clear what you mean by that, could elaborate, please
    2. T looks very narrow to me - it's only the width of the letter and the sorting icons :
    3. I'm not seeing that. Whether it's true or false, it looks identical (I'm using Chrome/Ubuntu)

We'll get back to you on those last two,

Colin

• KamoAKamoA Posts: 19Questions: 6Answers: 0

colin,
    thank you for your answers.
    1. In columns 'Ref #' and 'Date' I'd like to see these words in header close to the left edge.
    2. Some cases I'm taking out sorting and don't have sorting icons. I want to see 'T' Column more narrow.
    3. I'd like to make resizable columns and can't.

• allanallan Posts: 63,219Questions: 1Answers: 10,416 Site admin

In columns 'Ref #' and 'Date' I'd like to see these words in header close to the left edge.

Change the padding on the header cells - padding-left: 2px; for example?

Some cases I'm taking out sorting and don't have sorting icons. I want to see 'T' Column more narrow.

Likewise, reduced padding will help here as well. You might want to assign a specific class to certain columns to control the padding for just those columns.

I'd like to make resizable columns and can't.

That is not a feature DataTables has at this time.

Allan

• KamoAKamoA Posts: 19Questions: 6Answers: 0

allan,
    1. in this simple example 'padding-left: 2px;' work's fine, but in my case it doesn't work. I'm also having: dataTables.colResize.js, dataTables.keyTable.js with .css files. May be they somehow effecting?
    2. if I create class it allows me narrow body column, but header column stays same width and now I have mismatch.
    3. Can it be added this feature for money? Or may be you can suggest third party for this?

• allanallan Posts: 63,219Questions: 1Answers: 10,416 Site admin

1 - Could be. I’d need a link to a page showing the issue to understand where the padding is coming from.

2 - Likewise.

3 - Its not something we are currently planning to develop. I’d expect it to take about a month of development and we are working on other aspects of the software at the moment. There is this third party plug-in which might be of interest.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.