initcomplete is generating conflict between two tables

initcomplete is generating conflict between two tables

cris19ncris19n Posts: 55Questions: 18Answers: 0

I am having trouble applying this setting on table 1:

"initComplete": function(){
                        //para evitar que el servidor y el renderizado colapse, haciendo llamadas ajax
                        $(".dataTables_filter input").unbind().bind("input", function(e) { // Bind our desired behavior
                            // If the length is 6 or more characters, or the user pressed ENTER, search
                            /* console.log("ha escrito tantos caracteres"+this.value.length); */
                            if(this.value.length >= 6/* || e.keyCode == 13 */) {
                                // Call the API search function
                                table21.search(this.value).draw();
                            }
                            return;
                        });
                    }

but it is generating conflict with table 2

If I filter something in table 2, the results apply to table 1

when I remove the $ (". dataTables_filter input") function ..... everything works

and what I basically want is this, that in table 1 requests are only made to the server if the filter size is equal to or greater than 6.

but it conflicts with other tables

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,179Questions: 26Answers: 4,923

Sounds like you need to make your $(".dataTables_filter input") selector more specific to the table you want. Inspect the search input of the desired table and you will see an id that contains the table id. Use that id instead of the class whcih applies to all tables.

Kevin

• cris19ncris19n Posts: 55Questions: 18Answers: 0
    edited March 2021

@kthorngren

applying update, it seems to work fine, thanks

"initComplete": function(){
                            $("#table_filter input").unbind().bind("input", function(e) { // Bind our desired behavior
                                // If the length is 6 or more characters, or the user pressed ENTER, search
                                console.log("ha escrito tantos caracteres: "+this.value.length);
                                if(this.value.length == 6/* || e.keyCode == 13 */) {
                                    // Call the API search function
                                    table22.search(this.value).draw();
                                }
                                return;
                            });
                        }

This discussion has been closed.