A couple of issues with SearchBuilder

A couple of issues with SearchBuilder

cj1005cj1005 Posts: 142Questions: 45Answers: 1

Hi,

I've added the SearchBuilder to my web-app and it is really impressive, a huge time saver, thank you!

Could you kindly help me with a couple of issues configuring the SearchBuilder:

Link to test case: I tried creating a test case but I was unable to get the editor working within the example, I'm more than happy to give you access to my web-app but I will need to pm you the URL and credentials.

Description of problem:
1) I cannot get the Orthogonal data config quite right (see my code below). The reason I think this, is because my logical fields are showing as blank in the SearchBuilder values pulldown.

2) I suspect my date fields are being identified as character fields, as the default conditions within SearchBuilder are the same as the character fields, not the expected date field-related conditions. I'm using the dd/mm/yyyy format.

Example of my SearchBuilder code:

buttons: [
       { extend: 'searchBuilder', config: { columns: [ 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 ], orthogonal: { search: 'filter', display: 'display' }, } }
    ]

and for date fields I add:

columnDefs: [
       { targets: [2], type: "date-eu"},
       { targets: [11], type: "date-eu"}
    ]

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

Yeah, we would need a test case for this. It doesn't need Editor involved, as the SearchBuilder is independent of that. All we need to see is data in the DOM, or loaded with data, in the format you're having problems with.

Colin

• cj1005cj1005 Posts: 142Questions: 45Answers: 1

Thanks, Colin, I'll pm you the web-app URL and credentials. Chris

This discussion has been closed.