Formatting gone when adding extra columns to the datatable

Formatting gone when adding extra columns to the datatable

daveyuendaveyuen Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi All, I am totally new to datatable and I just bought a template with datatable included. I am testing the datatable and the sample shown on the template is with 6 columns, it has the pulldown option for you to choose how many rows to show in one page. But when I try to add extra columns to the table, all the formatting, including the pulldown are gone and shows all the record in 1 single page. Do you know where I should check why is this or what steps should I take to adding more columns? thanks for your help
Dave

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We don't sell templates, so it would be worth asking whoever created it. If that doesn't help, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

But when I try to add extra columns to the table, all the formatting, including the pulldown are gone and shows all the record in 1 single page

You probably have a syntax error. Check the browser's console for errors. Typically the problem is a missing comma between the options. Make suer you are adding the comma separator.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.