Is there any examples of server side processing working with sqlite3?

Is there any examples of server side processing working with sqlite3?

NimecNimec Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi there,

I've been using DataTables for a web app I developed to manage a Discord bot I also created and have really been enjoying them. I'm not a programmer my trade I just kind of picked up and learned things along the way over the last 20 years.

I was wondering if there is an working example of server side processing using a sqlite3 database? The server side processing examples on the site seem to require a traditional SQL/mySQL server, for example the 'ssp.class.php' file does not seem to work with sqlite3 therefore I'm not able to use the example and build upon it.

The reason I'm trying to switch to server side processing is that some of our tables have more than 300,000+ rows now and it's not practical to load the whole set of data into the table, I'd rather just using pagination and load each page on demand.

Sorry to have to ask here, I dug around with google but just wasn't able to come up with anything probably because sqlite3 isn't a popular choice.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,116Questions: 1Answers: 10,397 Site admin

Our demo SSP script is intentionally limited. I did try to maintain a library of scripts for various databases and programming languages, but it very quickly got way too complex for me to maintain - particularly as we were getting submissions in languages I'd never used.

There are two options for you:

1. Use the Editor PHP libraries (which are MIT licensed, so you don't need an Editor license to use them), and they do support PHP with SQLite.
    2. Modify the demo SSP script to suit your needs.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.