Asigning tables (Datatables Editor)

Asigning tables (Datatables Editor)

sergio01sergio01 Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 0

It is possible to asign one table to one user, other table to other user... Is like in a website, with several users, it is possible to asign a unique table with the editor options to those users?.

One table for the user 1 and just that user 1 can configure their own table with the editor options. Other table for the uer 2 and just that user 2 can configure… like that. So each user have their own editor table. Is it feasible to achieve that by modifying the existing code sources?

Thanks

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

That's possible with CloudTables - it has built-in security to allow you to do just that.

With Editor, it's just a library that allows editing of a DataTable. It has no assumptions about users and roles, so you would need to build that security into your own app.

Colin

• sergio01sergio01 Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 0

Ok thanks. But I mean I know its difficult with just the Datatables Editor and I know it have to be manually. But the point is if it is possible by creating several Datatables and asigning each table the Editor options, can it be done with the developer skills needed and just the Datatables and the Editor? Thanks.

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Yep, entirely possible. This example from this thread may help you to get started,

Colin

• sergio01sergio01 Posts: 12Questions: 3Answers: 0

Great. Lot of thanks.

This discussion has been closed.