Editor 2.0.2

Editor 2.0.2

Adrian ChallinorAdrian Challinor Posts: 21Questions: 8Answers: 0

Background

I have an Editor form that uses two "select" types for Country and Port. A port is always within a country. We have a t_able.dependeny('countryid', function(val)_ function that goes to server and requests a list of ports for that country. It then updates the portid field.

Problem
Just because is Friday and I fancied some fun after banging my head against a particularly dumb java bug, I started playing around with the form to use the new type: "datatable" on the form. I knew straight away that the format was going to be a bit wrong and would need some adjustment, but it was good enough for me to play around with on my dev instance.

And that's when I noticed something wrong. If I put the type: "datatable" on the countryid field the val field of the dependt function seemed not be being set. It doesn't error on the javascript, but the server took a dim view of being passed a null ID when it knows it can only be called with a valid ID.

Is there something I should know about using datatable as an input to a dependent function?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,664Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin

Thanks for pointing this out to us! I was seeing that he dependent callback didn't actually happen at all on datatable field types (unless you did an options update, in which case it did...). I've just corrected that, we'll unit test it (and the values) and get that into the 2.0.3 release.

Regards,
    Allan

• Adrian ChallinorAdrian Challinor Posts: 21Questions: 8Answers: 0

Another problem with Datatable as a editing type.

With a type: "select", the default value is selected when editing. With a datatable edit field, it is not. I just trashed a number of records finding this out.

For the time being, I have reverted to just Select.

• allanallan Posts: 61,664Questions: 1Answers: 10,095 Site admin

Hi Adrian,

Just to complete the circle, I've sent a reply to your e-mail - hopefully we can get this resolved there.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.