asp textbox not work with collapsed column on datatable

asp textbox not work with collapsed column on datatable

osma1k90osma1k90 Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hy to all
.. when i try to get via code the value of a input asp textbox it doesn't contain the right value. It return a sort of concatenation of the old and new value with comma. (Example if the initial value was "1,00" and i fill "3" then when i hit btnGetVal on server side i get "1,00,3"...)

i have a table in this asp page

<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server">
                    <ContentTemplate>                    
                        <asp:HiddenField ClientIDMode="Static" ID="id_p" runat="server" />
                        <table id="Gridv" class="responsive table table-striped table-bordered table-hover table-fixed-row" style="width: 100%">
                            <thead>
                                <tr>
                                    <th>D1</th>
                                    <th>D2</th>
                                    <th>Desc.</th>
                                    <th>Qta</th>
                                    <th>Pr.</th>
                                    <th></th>
                                    <th class="none"></th>
                                    <th style="display: none"></th>

</tr>
                            </thead>
                            <tbody>
                                <asp:Repeater ID="repGrid" runat="server">
                                    <ItemTemplate>
                                        <tr>
                                            <td><%# Eval("desc_1") %></td>
                                            <td><%# Eval("desc_2") %></td>
                                            <td><%# Eval("desc_aaa") %></td>
                                            <td><%# String.Format("{0:N2}", Eval("qta") ) %></td>
                                            <td>€ <%# String.Format("{0:N2}", Eval("prz") ) %></td>
                                            <td></td>
                                            <td>

<div class="row no-gutters p-0 m-0">
                                                    <div class="col-1">
                                                        <label class="col-form-label">Qta</label>                                                    
                                                    </div>
                                                    <div class="col-2">
                                                        <input runat='server' id='qta' type='number' style='visibility: visible' value='<%# String.Format("{0:N0}", Eval("qta") ) %>' step="1" min="0.00" max="99990.00" onclick="this.select();" class="form-control" />    
                                                </div><div class="col-2">
                                                          <asp:TextBox ID="txtCell_Qta"  vold=<%# String.Format("{0:N2}", Eval("qta") ) %> CssClass="form-control" runat="server" Text=<%# String.Format("{0:N2}", Eval("qta") ) %> ></asp:TextBox>                                                 
                                                    </div>

<div class="col-5">
                                                        <asp:Button runat="server" ID="btnGetVal" OnClientClick=<%# "$('#id_p').val('"+ Eval("id_k") +"');"%> val='<%#Eval("id_k")%>' class="btn btn-outline-success" Text="Salva" OnClick="btnGetVal_Click" />
                                                    </div>
                                                </div>
                                            </td>

<td id="val_k" runat="server" style="display: none"><%# Eval("id_k") %></td>

</tr>
                                    </ItemTemplate>
                                </asp:Repeater>
                            </tbody>
                        </table>
                    </ContentTemplate>
                </asp:UpdatePanel>

code behind on server side when btnGetVal is fired i just want to get the data filled in the asp input txtCell_Qta.

```
protected void btnGetVal_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

foreach (RepeaterItem oRowRepeater in repGrid.Items)
        {
            if (oRowRepeater.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || oRowRepeater.ItemType == ListItemType.AlternatingItem)
            {
                HtmlTableCell nId = (HtmlTableCell)oRowRepeater.FindControl("val_k");

if(nId.InnerText.ToString().Equals(id_p.Value))
                {

TextBox txtQ = (TextBox)oRowRepeater.FindControl("txtCell_Qta") as TextBox;
                    string qty = txtQ.Text;

//qty is dirty!!!!!
                    //Contains old value and new value comma separated...why?

//(Example   if the initial value was "1,00" and i fill "3" then i get "1,00,3"...) 
                    //                           

}

}
        }

UpdGrid();
    }

```

i've used asp for several years but i never experienced a shitty situation like this...and i'm afraid. The only thing that i play around it's the class="none" on the column, because that way my html table collapse the columns with the input and button. It seems that if i remove class="none" and the cells are visible evrithing work as expected. But if i use this collapsing functionality on the table starts giving me this kind of result.... Unfortunately i need this collapsing feature of datatable.

Does anybody ever figured out this situation?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin