Proper way to request for hire help (non-pro support)

Proper way to request for hire help (non-pro support)

gowestgowest Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited June 2021 in Free community support

Hello.

I am hoping to find a developer well-versed with DataTables, specifically working with data filtering (via drop-down, checkbox and radio). The project site is currently configured with AJAX, using a JSON data file. Also in consideration is possibly changing the data configuration to use a database (instead of JSON).

Thinking this is the best place to request DataTables specific experience help, i am wondering what is the best way to request freelance "for hire" help from the free community. The site in development is a non-profit so pro support at this time is a bit out of reach cost wise.

This is my first post; please forgive me if i am not presenting this in the correct place or if it is inappropriate in any way. Of course i will provide more details but i first want to do my best to follow protocol in how this request is posted.

Thank you in advance,
~Aj

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,230Questions: 1Answers: 10,417 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure that many freelancers frequent these forums looking for work to be honest. We just don't get many posts along these lines for it to be a regular stop for those looking for work.

Your best bet might be to use UpWork or similar and just make clear that you want someone well versed in DataTables.

That said, maybe someone will reply here looking for contract work.

Allan

• gowestgowest Posts: 3Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited June 2021

Thank you Allan for your helpful reply.

I will look into consulting through Upwork or Freelancer.

I wanted to be mindful of others "free-time" when offering to hire (here in the free forums) because I know how much time and effort the coding can take. Everyone's time is valuable.

I may post some questions in the free forum as i see there are many long-time experts who most generously offer their time and help. This is quite kind and encouraging.

Thanks again,
    ~Aj