Is there a way to toggle the colVisGroup button?

Is there a way to toggle the colVisGroup button?

puffsterpuffster Posts: 61Questions: 22Answers: 0

All the examples I've seen of the ColVisGroup button shows creating two buttons, one to hide the columns and a second to reshow them. Is there a way to have a single button that toggles back and forth between hiding and showing the selected columns?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

Yep, you're right, but you can create a custom button fairly easily that mimics the same behaviour - see here,

Colin

• puffsterpuffster Posts: 61Questions: 22Answers: 0

That is like the most awesome and easy answer ever! Thanks!! If I could trouble you to help me with one more piece...ultimately I'm trying to load in sections from a database dynamically, I'm really close to having it figured out but am stuck on one piece. I altered your demo so that it's a collection of buttons, and am adding the individual group buttons after the DataTable is created. For some reason though when it's cycling through the group buttons, it's only hiding/showing the last group no matter which one I've selected. Can you take a look at my revised demo and see if you can spot what I'm doing wrong?

live.datatables.net/rojujubo/2/edit?html,js,console,output

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

The problem was that "secID" is being over-written as it goes through the loop - and the action function would be called using the last time it was set, i.e. that second grouping.

The fix is to do something like this: http://live.datatables.net/rojujubo/4/edit . Here I've stored the secID in the className, and then just retrieve that to use for the visibility.

Colin

• puffsterpuffster Posts: 61Questions: 22Answers: 0

Much, much appreciated!!! You've helped to make the public school teachers of Louisville, KY a much happier group of people!