one line for dataTables_info and another line for dataTables_paginate ?

one line for dataTables_info and another line for dataTables_paginate ?

trucmuche2005trucmuche2005 Posts: 71Questions: 22Answers: 2

Hello,

I have a datatable in a bootstrap's "col-6" div and for some screen sizes, dataTables_paginate is broken by and end-of-line. I think that it is not pretty :

I would like to have an entire line for dataTables_info and another entire line for dataTables_paginate (which would then appear below dataTables_info). How can I achieve that ?

Thanks !

T.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,302Questions: 26Answers: 4,769

Are you using the dom option? If so you might not have it setup for Bootstrap styling. See the examples. You can use the dom option to place the Datatables elements where you want.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Agreed - we need to find a better way of handling the need to collapse down the paging control for narrow screens. There are a few options at the moment:

• Use language.paginate.next and language.paginate.previous to use Arrows rather than words for the next / previous buttons in the paging, saving some space (possibly enough in the above).
    • Use the dom option Kevin suggested and break the table information and paging control onto different lines. It depends a little on what type of screen you are targeting?

Allan