Custom toolbar elements and search panes

Custom toolbar elements and search panes

xepoxepo Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case: http://live.datatables.net/toluxebo/1/edit
Description of problem: I have created a table with calendar filter and searchpanes, calendar are placed as custom toolbar elements, the problem arises when first selecting a date in the calendars and then opening the searchpanes, this makes the calendar open again and overlay the searchpane. I have attached an example that reproduces the issue.

I would also thank any advice in how to put the calendars in the search pane.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @xepo ,

Thanks for pointing this out. That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example.

This will be available in the next DateTime release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

It isn't possible to put the calendars into SearchPanes. You could create custom filters for specific dates, but that isn't as Flexible. searchBuilder would allow you to do something like that though - perhaps it would be worth a look.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• xepoxepo Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

@sandy you are awesome fast, thank you very much.

Related issues with in your working example,
    If you just open one of the calendar and then click on search pane button, the calendar remains open, on top of the panel.
    Similarly, if the input is set as hidden as in example, the calendar will overlay the searchpanel, I may correct that with css but letting you know that behaviour that may not be intended

Yeah, I´ve tried searchbuilder, but it´s a bit too much flexible search for the objective and harder to get used for the end user i´m targeting.

Hi @xepo ,

Thanks for pointing these out. Something isn't right there. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2169 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

Answer ✓

Hi @xepo ,

That should be the first issue fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next SearchPanes and Buttons release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds for SearchPanes and Buttons.

Your second point isn't how DateTime is designed to be used so you will need to change the z-index css property so that it doesn't get pushed to the front. Thanks for pointing this out anyway.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• xepoxepo Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks a lot!!

For the record, setting z-index: auto; does the trick for the second issue

div.dt-datetime.inline {
        position: relative;
        box-shadow: none;
        z-index: auto;
    }