Max number of row ?

Max number of row ?

gregggregg Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2009 in General
Hi,

I have a big database (mysql) with 35,000 rows. Problem is quite simple, when i use the server side processing option DataTables show 35000+ entries; i can browse every page and it works, but i want to limit the DataTables to 200 maximum results (some filtering option will be available to the client so he can optimize his research ... i think it could be done with fnDraw()).

How can i limit the DataTables to show only the first 200 rows ? (35000 rows found (200 displayed))

Thx

Replies

• gregggregg Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited October 2009
    I found how to do it :

$rResultFilterTotal = mysql_query($sQuery, $link) or die(mysql_error());
    $aResultFilterTotal = mysql_fetch_array($rResultFilterTotal);
    if ($aResultFilterTotal[0] > 200) { // add
    $aResultFilterTotal[0] = 200;
    }
    $iFilteredTotal = $aResultFilterTotal[0];

But it seems when i click on a column header to sort it, DataTables pull all the data from the entire database (logic since the ordering is done while doing the select).

Then i tried to use "sAjaxSource": 'server_processing.php'.
    I modify the server_processing file so it uses the same pattern as json_source.txt. It works :)
    This way i could limit the request to the database :)

Again this plugin is wonderful ! Thx !
  • allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Hi gregg,

Nice one - good to hear you got this sorted. Thanks for posting the solution - I'm sure others will find it useful as well!

Regards,
    Allan
  • gregggregg Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited October 2009
    Thank you :)

Now i got a little problem with html links. I used the method described here (http://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/html_sort.html) and i did this with the php source :

$sOutput .= "'".addslashes($aRow['browser'])."',";

But the problem is that the link is clickable in the php page while it is not in the text file (i think it is the problem). I tried to convert the output with htmlspecialchars but DataTables cannot read the json output. Any idea ?

update : nvm i found a solution : $sOutput .= "'".$aRow['browser']."',";

Another question :
    I add a var at the start of my json output (juste before the aaData tag) "iRealTotal": 57 to get the real number of results from the mysql query. Now i must add code to your DataTables js to get this var. Do you know a quick way of doing it ?

update : nvm again :p i did it :)
This discussion has been closed.