ZeroClipboard error in newer versions of FireFox

ZeroClipboard error in newer versions of FireFox

jkrobbinsjkrobbins Posts: 32Questions: 3Answers: 0
edited October 2011 in TableTools
This a continuation of this post : http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/6997/flash-divs-wrong-size#Item_5 but the original symptom is fixed and this is a new issue.

I have my app working in IE8 and FF3.6, but in FF portable 6.0.2 and 7.0.1 the ZeroClipboard.js throws a "this.movie.clearText is not a function" error. The copy button works but copies zero rows to the clipboard.

Anyone else run into this issue? Anyone else using it successfully in these versions of FireFox?

Replies

• jkrobbinsjkrobbins Posts: 32Questions: 3Answers: 0
    New symptom. The above happens on the initial load of the table. If I go to print view (where my column headings disappear) and then escape back to normal view, the copy button is now working.
  • gworrallgworrall Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am getting this problem as well. We are using a visual studio 2008 to embed a web browser into a simple application. This is used to brows the web page. First time the page is browsed everything works without a problem including resubmision of ajax requests. When we navigate the browser our of that page and then return to it we imediatly get the error for line 304 of DataTables-1.8.1/extras/TableTools/media/js/ZerosClipboard.js with error message "Object doesn't support this property or method". This is line "this.movie.clearText();".

The important bits of code I am using in the web page are

[code]

$(document).ready(function (){
    oTable = $("#sectable").dataTable({bJQueryUI: true,
    sDom: '<"H"Tlfr>t<"F"ip>',
    bJQueryUI: true,
    bDeferRender: true,
    bAutoWidth: false,
    sScrollX: "100%",
    sScrollXInner: "100%",
    oTableTools: {
    sSwfPath: "../../DataTables-1.8.1/extras/TableTools/media/swf/copy_cvs_xls_pdf.swf",
    sRowSelect: "multi",
    aButtons: [ "copy", "csv", "xls", "pdf" ]
    }
    });
    });

$("#myform").submit(function(event){
    event.preventDefault();
    oTable.fnClearTable();
    $.post( "my_data.php", { tickerlist: ticklist }, function ( data ) {
    oTable.fnAddData(data.aaData);
    }, "json");
    });
    [/code]

Does anyone have a clue as to where the problem is?
  • homerjonhomerjon Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am having this same problem. Lines 304 and 306 are throwing an error in IE7 IE8 & IE9. I was hoping this would solve a lot of my problems for pdf and excel export but yet alas. Please help. Is anyone else throwing these errors. I am using IETester to get these errors.
  • MikeSMikeS Posts: 113Questions: 1Answers: 0
    It's been a long time since the last message was posted regarding this matter, however, I believe that I've discovered the source of these errors. When you use the dataTables plugin via the IE web browser control and you're trying to set the sSwfPath to a local folder, you must be certain to set the Flash Global Security Settings to mark that folder as "Always allow". This is stated elsewhere many time in this forum.

When I did that last step, I no longer received the error messages about clearText!!!! Furthermore, the TableTools examples that come with the dataTables package started to work. I could open the sample html files in IE and actually produce PDF reports.

The *bad* news is, I can't get the same PDF reports via the IE web browser control hosted on a form!!! I don't get any errors appearing, but, I also don't get any PDF :( It seems like the IE web browser control is somehow blocking the code when you try to click on the PDF option.
This discussion has been closed.