Localized column names (titles) and prefefined/saved searches

Localized column names (titles) and prefefined/saved searches

supermindsupermind Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

My application is localized and that also covers all column names (titles) in my tables. For example, one column is "Stock" in English and "Saldo" on Swedish.

When SearchBuilder criteria is saved, the "data" property has the column name (title) and "origData" property has the underlying database column name (because I'm using server side processing). However, "data" property is saved with localized name ("Stock") and when the criteria is loaded with different locale ("Saldo"), DataTable does not know what to do.

Why the "data" property is saved in the first place and why it's needed? Is there any workarounds?

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 705Questions: 0Answers: 192

Hi @supermind ,

Thanks for pointing this out. It's not something that we had considered when writing SearchBuilder, but I agree that it would be nice to handle this. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2386 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• sandysandy Posts: 705Questions: 0Answers: 192

Hi @supermind ,

I've added in functionality that should work for you. This will be available in the next SearchBuilder release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy