Running into an issue during live debugging of page

Running into an issue during live debugging of page

1liner1liner Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Error messages shown:

Description of problem:
When I am trying to load the page without the Debugger open in Chrome, everything works fine and my table is generated.
However if I have the debugger open and I hit any breakpoint ahead of the call for my DataTable, I get the above message about reinitalization. Any insight would be appreciated.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599
    Answer ✓

Have you followed the steps in the technical notes linked to in the error? That'll be the place to start. If so, what did you find?

Otherwise, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• 1liner1liner Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited December 2021

I appreciate the prompt response, my issue doesn't appear to be covered by the scenario's described within that page, I'm in the process of setting up a test case, however the issue I'm seeing is only occurring if I am running a live debug session in chrome on the render function.

If there is any insight that can be shared at this point I'd really appreciate it.

Here is the test case: http://live.datatables.net/rufeqijo/1/edit

However it does not appear to replicate the error.

My suspicion is that I'm using this in a Microsoft Dynamics environment and somewhere in it's processing it's tripping up the Datatable.

I've marked your response as the answer, as I do not believe this is an issue with DataTables, but rather an issue with it interacting with Microsoft Dynamics

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,182Questions: 26Answers: 4,925
    Answer ✓

Do you have an async process that might be getting an instance of the API, ie, $('#myTable').DataTable();? If this executes before you init Datatables due to debugging then you will see the error.

Kevin