Map Columns and Values while importing

Map Columns and Values while importing

TheHansTheHans Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I am new to CloudTables. We doe have an import requirement.

I looked up the importer sample https://editor.datatables.net/examples/extensions/import, which does a great job already. We would need a second screen. After mapping all columns from a csv file to CloudTable database, we like to map option values for single and multi select fields as well. Is there already a function to do so? I found a similar solution here: https://docs.optimizory.com/display/rmsis0160/Generic+CSV+Import+Function but this is integrated in a system already and not usable for our own database.

Thanks
Hans

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin

Hi Hans,

Could I just clarify if you are talking about CloudTables or Editor? CloudTables does have an import feature, but it is for the admin to run - not the end user (like the Editor example you linked to).

Thanks,
    Allan

• TheHansTheHans Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

For us, it doesn't matter if it is Cloudtables or Editor. We would use it internally with access restrictions. Important for us is the possiblity to map option values from file to values in data base. Is there a way doing this?
    Thanks,
    Hans

• allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin

Hi Hans,

Do you mean reusing existing values in a joined table? e.g. Say you import an Office.csv file, and it has a country field - you also have a Country database table already - you'd want it to set up a foreign key reference (in SQL terms) for the imported data?

That isn't something that CloudTables does yet, but it is on our roadmap. For Editor, it would be possible to program it to do that, but it isn't something that is available out of the box - it would require you to write the code to do that lookup.

Allan