How to concatenate plugin files?

How to concatenate plugin files?

ChromChrom Posts: 44Questions: 15Answers: 1

Simple question. What is meant by concatenating plugin files? I am not sure if I understand it. And how to do that?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,145Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Use the Download Builder and select some extensions. At the bottom there is a checkbox for concatenate. By default all the selections are concatenated into one CSS and JS file. Uncheck Concatenate and you will see a listing of the individual files. The plugin pages have that suggestion which means to add the plugins into one file. It is more efficient to fetch one file than to fetch multiple files.

Kevin

• ChromChrom Posts: 44Questions: 15Answers: 1

thx. I need a date sorter and german umlaute plugin. These are not available in the builder. But I can download them on the plugin page and then open the files and copy the code as it is at the end of my dataTables.js? Or do I need to make changes?

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

If you tweak the dataTables.js, it would make it harder to upgrade. It would probably be easier to use the Download Builder as Kevin suggested for the core files, using those links that are generated, and then just include those other two files in your sources from the CDN too.

Colin