Position searchpanes filtering windows differently and how translate the descriptions

Position searchpanes filtering windows differently and how translate the descriptions

ChromChrom Posts: 44Questions: 15Answers: 1

When including a language the searchpanes is always automatically uncollapsed at start.

So I want to find out how I can translate the text descriptions of the table and of the search panes myself. I am struggling to find the names of the descriptions. Where can I find these?

Also I wanted to ask how can I make the search panes window bigger in height (when it uncollapsed), overlaying the tables (not pushing the table down) and side by side with the filtering input window. the search panes seem to push the filtering input always a row down and takes up all screen wide wise.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

For the language option, we're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

For the size, this thread should help, it's asking the same thing.

Cheers,

Colin

• ChromChrom Posts: 44Questions: 15Answers: 1

thx. I just put the content of the language json in the language parameter when calling datatables.

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599
    edited February 2022

Seems to work here: http://live.datatables.net/nicusoya/1/edit . Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you update my example, or link to your page, so that we can see the problem.

Cheers,

Colin

• ChromChrom Posts: 44Questions: 15Answers: 1

hmmm.... that didn't work for me. But its ok I changed the descriptions manually.

• JacobyBarrJacobyBarr Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

To translate the text descriptions for the table and search panes, you'll need to modify the language settings in your DataTables configuration. Just look for the "language" option in the DataTables documentation, where you can define the text for various elements.

• JacobyBarrJacobyBarr Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

To make the search panes taller and overlay the table instead of pushing it down, you'll need some custom CSS. Set a fixed height for the search panes and use absolute positioning to place them over the table. Adjust the z-index if necessary to ensure they overlay correctly.
    For more detailed instructions, bnhsoftware has some great reviews and guides on similar topics.