Using Dependent API to change editor form fields throws "Uncaught SyntaxError:Unextected token '.'"

Using Dependent API to change editor form fields throws "Uncaught SyntaxError:Unextected token '.'"

nzmousenzmouse Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am trying to get Dependent API working by setting fields in an Editor form based on changes in another field. The only examples I can find simply refers to show/hide but nothing about setting values.

editor.dependent( 't_laundryOrder.ordLoc', function ( val ) {
        return val === '1' ?
            { editor.field( 't_laundryOrder.ordDate' ).val( '2022-01-01') } :
            { editor.field( 't_laundryOrder.ordDate' ).val( '2022-02-01') };
    } );

Line three throws this error in console
Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.'

I got close to making this work by using this example which simply looks at it from a change function. However this was merely to see if there was user interation on the field or not and then resetting the field. Perhaps if I could know what condition to make the change occur instead of '!d || !d.editor'

$( editor.field( 't_laundryOrder.ordLoc' ).input() ).on( 'change', function (e, d) {
   if (  ! d || ! d.editor ) {
      editor.field( 't_laundryOrder.ordDate' ).val( 0);
      editor.field( 't_laundryOrder.ordDate' ).val( '');
  }
} );

Surely there is an easy solution? Eventually I want to be able to change Select field options based on the options in another Select field (I gather that is best done via a JSON response?). But solving the above will do for now.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

Your first example is close - instead of returning that, you just need to set it. This example here should help, it's change the salary field if the office is set to "XXX".

Colin

• nzmousenzmouse Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Awesome! Thanks Colin. That worked well. I would appreciate how to update a select field would be helpful. (Data extrated using sql or JSON source)

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

This example updates a select field in the initEdit, but you could do that update from a trigger in dependent() instead - the principle would be the same,

Colin