SSP custom sorting

SSP custom sorting

ECEGROUPEECEGROUPE Posts: 72Questions: 26Answers: 1

is it possible to use custom sorting (order) when using SSP ?

I can use my own plug-in for sorting when serverside is set to false but when serside is true (i need it because i have many data...) , the sorting is done by the server so my script isn't working anymore.

Thx for your answer :)

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,269Questions: 26Answers: 4,765

The sorting plugins are supported with client side processing. Once you enable server side processing the only data in the client is the page being displayed. The client side tools like sorting plugins won' be very effective in this case so they aren't used. You will need to move your sorting plugin logic to your server script when using server side processing.

Kevin

• ECEGROUPEECEGROUPE Posts: 72Questions: 26Answers: 1

Thx for the answer, how to move my sorting plugin logic to my server script pls? It's javascript code, so execute by the client...

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

You basically can't. As Kevin said, the sorting is done by the server-side - typically by a database with a simple ORDER BY statement. If that doesn't provide the sorting you want, you'd need to customise the SQL to suit your needs.

Allan

• ECEGROUPEECEGROUPE Posts: 72Questions: 26Answers: 1

How to customise the SQL ?
    Can you give me an exemple pls ?

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

It really depends on your needs. That'll be a standard SQL query, so maybe ask on a database specific forum site,

Colin