Tables Columns Search Boxes: reduce the number of draw.

Tables Columns Search Boxes: reduce the number of draw.

GreekoGreeko Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

I like to mention what I have entered below is non-functional, but I hoping someone will get on what I wanting to achive and give me a hint at sytax that is needed. I like to reduce the number of draw done when
muliple value have been entred to the column search boxes. Is the below possiable, beside the horrble sytax I had entered.

initComplete: function () {
    self = this.api();
    var srchinput = $('.dataTables_filter input').unbind();
    $searchButton = $('<button class="searchButtoncall ui-button">').text('Search').click(function() {
        self.search(srchinput.val()).draw();
        var ar_footer_idx = [];
        var ar_footer_val = [];
        self.columns().every( function ( idx ) {
            ar_footer_idx[idx] = idx;
            ar_footer_val[idx] = '"' + $(this.footer()).find('input').val() + '"';
        }); 
        var st_footer_idx = ar_footer_idx.join();
        var st_footer_val = ar_footer_val.join();

eval('$oTable.columns(' + st_footer_idx + ').search((' + st_footer_val + '), true, false).draw();');

// Example after eval.
        //$oTable.columns(0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20).search(("","CENTRAL","CL","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""), true, false).draw();                      
    });
}

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    Answer ✓

Take this column search example and remove the .draw(); on line 19. Then use a button that when clicked calls draw(). This will execute the column searches.

Line 18 won't work because there issn't a mechanism to create an array of search terms in search() that will map to the array of columns in columns().

Kevin

• GreekoGreeko Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you Kevin, that work out great.