Datatables Row Grouping 508 not compliant?

Datatables Row Grouping 508 not compliant?

Noodles12Noodles12 Posts: 110Questions: 40Answers: 2

I am using Datatables Rowgrouping for my project and the accessiblity team ran a test on this and said that the table is not 508 complaint. They want the row groups to read as header as well (ex: Edinburg, London etc.). Basically the screen reader should read City name along with Name header and name of the person. Similarly read City name along with Position header and postition descrtiption.

I looked at the code and row groups (city names) are <td> instead of <th>. Is there a way to make them th with "scope" attribute.

Thanks

https://datatables.net/examples/advanced_init/row_grouping.html

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,237Questions: 1Answers: 10,418 Site admin

I think this is good change to make to the RowGroup library rather than making it a configuration option. I've made that change now and it will be available in the nightly shortly. I'll be tagging this up as RowGroup 1.2.0, hopefully sometime next week.

Allan

• Noodles12Noodles12 Posts: 110Questions: 40Answers: 2
    edited April 2022

Thankyou. How can I use this? Sorry I am not a developer, so I am not sure whats the best way for me to use the change today. Which files do I change?

Is it possible for you to add to the nightly sooner or else we cannot use datatables for this particular project. I would really like to use it to be consistent with the rest of the site.

Thanks.

• allanallan Posts: 63,237Questions: 1Answers: 10,418 Site admin

How are you currently loading DataTables onto your page? From our CDN, as individual files, local files, npm or something else?

Allan

edited April 2022

Individual / local files

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,184Questions: 26Answers: 4,925
    Answer ✓

Download the nightly RowGroup files from here and place them in you local file structure. If you keep the name the same (make a backup of the original first) you won't need to change anything else but might need to clear the browser's cache. If you use a different name then change the file references in your HTML file. Once the new version is out use the Download Builder to download the 1.2.0 version.

Kevin

Thankyou!!