DataTables Editor with keyTable plugin : How to move cursor to next table?

DataTables Editor with keyTable plugin : How to move cursor to next table?

amryamry Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited April 2022 in Free community support

Hi,

I'm using editor with keyTable plugin.
I have multiple dataTables in a page, I can navigate cursor within a table but is it possible to move the cursor to next table when pressing right key while the cursor is on the last column on the previous table?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

This example should help - it's showing how to detect when you've reached the end of a table. You can then refocus onto the next table.

Our records indicate your Editor trial has expired. Is the license registered to another email address? Please can let us know so we can update our records.

Thanks,

Colin

• AndexAndex Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

@colin
    Thank you for your example. It helped me to detect the end of a table.
    However I'm having trouble to focus on the next table first cell, I tried this but not working;

datatable.cell(':eq(0)').focus();
    datatable.cell(':first)').focus();

Also, I got my Editor license from company which already bought Editor package with different email. This acc is my personal acc

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin

KeyTable takes part in the flow of the document, gaining focus as you tab through the keyboard navigable fields - e.g.: http://live.datatables.net/hugeyolo/1/edit .

If you want to bypass the middle bits though, then datatable.cell(':eq(0)', ':eq(0)').focus(); should do the job.

Allan

• AndexAndex Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

@allan
    Thank you for your reply.
    I still couldn't bypass the middle bits though with this;
    datatable.cell(':eq(0)', ':eq(0)').focus();

not sure if I'm missing anything

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin

If you could give me a link to your page, or update my test case, or Colin's, to show the issue I can take a look.

Thanks,
    Allan