Catch end of rendering large records datatable

Catch end of rendering large records datatable

gandalf_chgandalf_ch Posts: 2Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi all, I'm loading lot of data (20'000 records) in my datatable. I can't change this for now, I will probably move to an ajax loading data or something similar later but for now I must provide a first version like this.
I've a spinned which let user wait while the datatable loads. Unfortunately the jquery "document.ready" function arrives before the datatable finishes the formatting: I mean I see the datatable with a lot of records on the screen and after 4-5 seconds I see the datatable search, the pagination and so on. So I guess the datatable rendering isn't finished yet when document.ready arrives. So my question is: It's there any possibility to wait until the datatable is completely rendered before throwing the document.ready or remove the spinner (any datatable.ready() function) ? It looks like the datatable rendering is asynchronous (I'm not a JQuery/Javascript expert...).

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,184Questions: 26Answers: 4,925

Datatable doesn't control when the document ready event is fired. You can use initComplete to turn off the spinner when Datatables initialization is complete.

Kevin