Very rarely DataTables warning: table id=table - Ajax Error appears

Very rarely DataTables warning: table id=table - Ajax Error appears

ChromChrom Posts: 44Questions: 15Answers: 1

I have the problem that very rarely when loading the table I get the following error:
DataTables warning: table id=tableAZ - Ajax Error. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/7

I tried to reproduce it now to see what the server response is but at the moment the tables load fine. Only sometimes and pretty rarely that error appears.

Anything I can do?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,250Questions: 26Answers: 4,761

The troubleshooting steps are provided in the error link:
    http://datatables.net/tn/7

Basically it boils down to an error occurring in the server script causing an error response like 404 or 500. You will need to look at the server script logs for errors when you see this message.

Kevin

• ChromChrom Posts: 44Questions: 15Answers: 1

ok. Yeah I had a look at the troubleshooting steps before. But I am still unsure if I would need to check logs in the browser console? Or something in the server files? its a wordpress (php) installation.

If you are getting an ajax error then the problem is with an error that is sent by the server. I'm not familiar with Wordpress but you will need to look at the server logs to get an idea of what is causing the error. The error might be found in the browser's network inspector tool by looking at the response but the browser's console log won't have information of why the server is sending the error response.

Kevin

edited July 2022

its an 500 error. seems like worpress throws a critical error. In the debug.log files I couldnt find anything yet.

On a server is there other log files available beside the wordpress logs?

Attached some pictures of the browser console. Idk if that helps anything.

• allanallan Posts: 61,622Questions: 1Answers: 10,090 Site admin

There will be, but it will entirely depend on how your web-server is setup as to where they are. For example /var/log/httpd | /var/log/nginx | /var/log/apache2 | ~/logs/ are all common ones.

Allan

edited July 2022

I found the error:
    PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /var/www/web247/htdocs/websitename/webseite/wp-includes/meta.php on line 1189

how can I resolve that error?

This doesn't sound like a Datatables error. Try searching Stack Overflow or other sources for information about the error. Maybe this thread is a good place to start.

Kevin

Answer ✓

The error was caused by wordpress running out of memory.

Solution was to set the memory limit higher in the wp-config.php.

eg. to 512 MB

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );