How do I limit search paramter only to one column in datatables only when using URL paramter

How do I limit search paramter only to one column in datatables only when using URL paramter

Noodles12Noodles12 Posts: 110Questions: 40Answers: 2

I am working on a datatable where I need to limit the search to one column only when using paramater.
example:abc.com?search=test. But, if not passing parameter, it should search all columns. How do I achieve this?

Here is the code I have. Here is the fiddle: http://live.datatables.net/piquxewa/1/edit

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,599

I'm not clear what you would be searching on if there's a parameter - does the search string get passed in a different way?

That said, if you move the logic into initCompete, you can search however you like - something like this:

initComplete: function() {
          let api = this.api();

if (false) {
            // full table search
            api.search('an').draw();
          }
          else {
            // specific column search
            api.column(2).search('an').draw();
          }
        }

See example here,

Colin

• Noodles12Noodles12 Posts: 110Questions: 40Answers: 2

Thankyou. This is very helpful. I need this as I want the datatable to search the entire table when user is on that specific page. However, when the user comes from a different page (link with paramter), he should be able to get the results prefiltered for the text entered only for the specific column. Hope it makes sense.