Bug with colReorder and datatable.destroy()

Bug with colReorder and datatable.destroy()

aamirahmedaamirahmed Posts: 10Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I am using colReorder with stateSave": true and "colReorder": true.
When I reorder the column and keep hitting the destroy button, the column header gets reset on alternate destroy while the data retain its state.

Live Example: http://live.datatables.net/kololufo/20/edit

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Right enough! Thanks for letting me know about this and the test case. I've created a bug for it (DD-2548 in our internal tracker) and will get this sorted for the next patch release.

Regards,
    Allan

• aamirahmedaamirahmed Posts: 10Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks Allan for the reply.
    The column header should also retain its state on destoy.

Since we are using dataTables in our project and want to use colReorder extension, when can we expect the next patch release?

Thank You

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

It's not a tight schedule, but as a guide we tend to make releases every month or two,

Colin

edited June 2022

Hi @colin, just wanted to ask is there any way I can track the progress on the bug DD-2548 created by Allan?
    Thank You.

edited June 2022

Just through this thread. Our bug tracker is private.

I'll try to get to this as soon as I can, but there are a number of paid support cases on the go at the moment which I need to prioritise.

Allan

Hi @allan, I can understand prioritizing the paid support cases, just want to know if this bug is being worked upon currently?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

No, sorry, it's still in the backlog,

Colin

Hi @colin, just checking, is the ticket still in backlog? Thank You.

Apologies - I lost sight of this issue. I've committed the required fix and it is now in the nightly.

Your example now works with that change.

I'm in the middle of doing some build changes for DataTables and its extensions, so I'll be tagging this and releasing it during the week.

Allan

Thank You @allan for the update.

HI @allan, thank you for the update, the original issue has been solved, but now we are seeing this behavior.

For sorting the date type field, we have used data-order attribute on <td> since date is sorted as string. Now when any column is reordered, only the header is moving.

If we remove the data-order attribute, the reorder functionality works fine.

We are using the latest nightly provided in the solution on September 10.

Live Example: live.datatables.net/kololufo/40/edit

I'm afraid that's an on going issue with ColReorder and orthogonal data - apologies.

As a workaround we can use DataTables 1.12's ability to work with date / time values: http://live.datatables.net/kololufo/41/edit .

I've added DataTable.datetime('DD/MM/YYYY'); to tell DataTables about the date format you are using and also added Moment.js to the page to support this. Luxon is also an option if you prefer.

Allan

Thank you @allan, its working with Moment.js.

Also @allan, on this ongoing issue with ColReorder and orthogonal data, when can it be expected to be solved?

I'm not yet sure - sorry. I've got a bit of a backlog of things I'm working on at the moment and I'm needing to prioritize. I haven't yet been able to make time for the ColReorder issue.

Allan

Hi @allan , just wanted to confirm if ColReorder and orthogonal data are compatible now.

Thank You

Apologies - no. I've still haven't been able to prioritise time for ColReorder yet.

Allan