Simple Question I'm sure, I am in complete information overload!! Where clause

Simple Question I'm sure, I am in complete information overload!! Where clause

clambert1273clambert1273 Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

I used the generator to help me get going with editor. My problem now before I start using the files with my page, I can't figure out how to use a where clause to limit the data. I have read the manual and know the syntax, just not where to actually put it in these generated files. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I am not looking for anything over complex just what file and where it goes.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• clambert1273clambert1273 Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

After a few hours of trying everything I could think of, I finally got it. Certainly could have been easier details, explanations and examples for it.

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Thanks for the update. For anyone else reading this, you need to put the where clause into the PHP file that Generator created for the table. It should be part of the Editor chain.

@clambert1273 What would have helped in the documentation to make this clearer for you?

Thanks,
    Allan

• clambert1273clambert1273 Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0

@allan

Considering I am far from an experienced developer, I need things laid out like for a kid lol step 1, do this, step 2 put here etc.. after I pasted from documentation it kept throwing errors & I had to work through that. In the docs, the semi colons will toss errors. I am sure it is just my lack of experience