Server side processing using scroller and row details

Server side processing using scroller and row details

ezzkhtezzkht Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I just applied the scroller add-on to the datatables with a server-side data loading. Everything is working fine until the moment I click a row to open the details (child rows row details). The data is loaded from the server too early (like it depends on the total height of all rows and not considering the height of the row that has its child rows visible.
Any clues or workarounds?

Thanks in a advance.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,276Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    Answer ✓

Scroller and Child Rows aare not supported together. See the Compatibility Chart for details.

Kevin

• siva.kmasiva.kma Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 1
    Answer ✓

@kthorngren will you suggest any wrokaround for this problem, am also facing similar issue?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,276Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    Answer ✓

The compatibility matrix states this about the incompatibility of Scroller an child rows:

Scroller requires all rows to be of equal height and no additional elements in the table in order to perform its position calculations correctly.

For Scroller to work properly other elements like child detail rows can't be inserted into the table. Sorry there is no work araound.

Kevin

• ezzkhtezzkht Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited June 2022

I see.. it's not compatible :(

Changing the row height of the scroller whenever user expands/collapses a row, is it a good idea?

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'm not sure if you are asking if what we are doing is correct, or if using child rows at all is a good idea?

Certainly, if you inject something like a child row into the table, then the calculations that Scroller must perform are out of the window (which is why they aren't compatible).

Perhaps you could show the details in a modal rather than a child row?

Allan

• ezzkhtezzkht Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you all for the help.
    We have changed the behavior to a popup instead of sub-row.