Duplicate "types.d.ts" files when downloading extentions through NuGet (bug DD-2469)

Duplicate "types.d.ts" files when downloading extentions through NuGet (bug DD-2469)

mazzmaxmazzmax Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited June 2022 in Free community support

I'm working on an ASP.NET MVC project and have the same issue as mentioned in the following post:

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/comment/203933/#Comment_203933

allan and sandy took note of it and sandy said "I'm going to take a look at it today. I'll report back here later with an update.". Since sandy wrote the reply on march 31 and hasn't reported back there and since I wasn't able to ask in the original post if a solution has been found for the issue, I'd like to ask that here.

I'd be very grateful for any help.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Hi,

This should have actually been resolved with the last round of releases (which include, e.g. this commit).

What packages and versions are you installing please?

Thanks,
    Allan

• mazzmaxmazzmax Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

*** See TL;DR at the bottom for quick peek at the source of the issue ***

I'm using bootstrap 5 in my project and already have it and jQuery installed in my project. I selected the following options in the download builder:

Step 1:
    - Bootstrap 5

Step 2:
    - DataTables

Extensions:
    - AutoFill
    - SearchBuilder
    - SearchPanes
    - Select

On Step 3 I picked the download method Nuget and installed the following packages based on the options I chose:

dotnet add package datatables.net-bs5
    dotnet add package datatables.net-autofill-bs5
    dotnet add package datatables.net-searchbuilder-bs5
    dotnet add package datatables.net-searchpanes-bs5
    dotnet add package datatables.net-select-bs5

I tried installing it through the package manager console (install-package datatables.net-bs5 etc.) and NuGet. By doing that, besides installing the bs5 packages it installs the missing packages due to dependencies (datatables.net-bs5 >> v 1.12.1 + datatables.net >> v 1.11.3). The version of the dependencies seem to be the issue (at least for datatables.net) based on the commit you just sent me.

TL;DR:
    By installing the bs-5 packages their missing dependencies are automatically installed and the version of those seem to be the issue (like datatables.net v1.11.3) based on the commit you just sent me.

Can you please tell me how I should go about this? o ,o

I also tried installing the latest version of datatables and all extensions mentioned above without styling (datatables.net v1.12.1, datatables.net-select v1.4.0 etc.). While the latest datatables.net version doesn't install a types.d.ts file, the package of every extension includes its own types.d.ts file, which takes me to the initial issue.

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

It has been removed from all of our distribution repos, but they aren't all yet released. FixedColumns, FixedHeader and Select got updated last week which should resolve it with that. Responsive and Buttons will get updates next week.

Allan

Alright, thank you for your assistance allan!