Bootstrap 5 formatting issues

Bootstrap 5 formatting issues

scotsscriptsscotsscripts Posts: 11Questions: 5Answers: 0

When using bootstrap 5 the "show ## entries" is on three lines. In the source it is not being wrapped by a "row" and "col" div like it is in the examples on this site.

The search box is on two lines, one has the "search:" word and the other has the text input. Same row/col issue as above.

The pagination at the bottom has spaces between each pagination link and when hovered over turn black (the spaces, not the pagination links.)

I'm using the download builder, choosing bootstrap 5 for styling, and Datatables for the package.

The project I'm working on is using bootstrap 5.2 rather than 5.13, however that should not make any difference when it comes to table styling and basic grid stuff.

Interesting is that when I use the download builder but choose bootstrap 4, the formatting issues go away.

Any ideas? Is it me or a bug?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Looks okay here. Can you link to a page showing the issue please?

Allan

• scotsscriptsscotsscripts Posts: 11Questions: 5Answers: 0
    edited July 2022

Unfortunately I can not because it's being used in an admin environment. However, I was able to get it working by not using the "concatenate" option in the download builder.

I'd be interested to see this. If you get a chance, perhaps you might be able to use http://live.datatables.net to create and example showing the issue?

Allan

• scotsscriptsscotsscripts Posts: 11Questions: 5Answers: 0

I tried to duplicate the issue in the live.datatables.net site but could not. It's probably just something in the environment I'm working in.

Yup, probably a CSS conflict somewhere. If you do run into it again and can give me a link, send it through and I’ll take a look :)

Allan